What’s next after the introduction of Stage Two foods?
It’s pretty easy to track down different recommendations for ‘first foods’ and even those foods that come next, but I do get a lot of questions about how to create complete meals once all those fantastic flavors have been introduced.
Here are some suggestions for babies from around 8 months (that age is not set in stone). Many Nutritionists and Doctors disagree on introduction ages – some say sooner for certain foods, and some say later…so please do confirm the go ahead, with yours first.
Mixing it up:
- Steamed and pureed apple and spinach, with chicken and quinoa (Use finely ground chicken or a few spins in the food processor for the whole meal).
- Teeny vegetable based pasta, with fruit yogurt and pureed peas.
- Barley and lentils, cooked in beef broth and smashed with carrots & green beans.
- Steel cut oatmeal, cooked with tiny peach and apple dice.
- Rice, with avocado, cottage cheese, and roasted squash.
Get creative and…Live Well.